Fastream Technologies wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes, the question is whether they would have any effect on state
> machines.. For example, let's say a socket is connected. For example
> a THttpConnection. What would happen if windows is standby'd?

I can't tell you exactly what will happen, but I would trap
WM_POWERBROADCAST messages and clean up before windows goes
to sleep, there's also a message broadcasted on wakeup.
You can even deny PBT_APMQUERYSUSPEND.

If that is a service application you may want to check my
enhanced Delphi service framework, downloadable here:
http://www.duodata.de/misc/delphi/DDSvc20070603.zip
It has an built-in Power event.

--
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]