Hello,

I've a TCP connection (simple TWSocket, only one PC may connect) and
want to implement some keep-alive now. The rest of the application seems
to work well, but the keepalive killed my whole day now without much
success.

Currently I'm doing this in the OnSessionAvailable of the server:

Where a is a TWScket descendant:

if not assigned(a) then
begin
   a:=MyTWSocket.Create;
   a.dup(...); // here get's the connection assigned
end;

That works.
My protocol is now such that the client sets up a timer when he connects
to the sever which will send every few seconds a dummy request which the
server simply has to echo back. The server also has a timer set up in
the OnSessionConnected method which will check wether a keepalive
request has been received within the time or not. If not he triggers the
following:

a.abort;
FreeAndNil(a);

The other socket of the server still is in the listening state where
I've left it since he was told to listen.

The client will notice it in its own timer because his keepalive
requests won't be answered anymore. If the client detects this he starts
another timer which tries every second to establish a connection to the
same adress.

This sheme works 1-2 times (pulling out the cable) but then it doesn't
work anymore because windows sets these sockets to waiting or something
like this.

What's wrong here? Is the abort and FreeAndNil bad? What I like to
accomplish is simple: be able to unplug the cable and replug it a few
seconds later and the connection should be reestablished within a few
seconds. If the server is already sending data to the client (which got
lost before, I don't really detect and handle this yet) I'd like to
receive just the data from the server from the point on the connection
is okay again. And I'd like to be able to repeat this, means plug out
the cable again and after replugging it the connection shoudl resume etc.

Greetings

Maarkus