> Later you change to that directory and request a dir list. The server
> somewhat hang creating the directory list. After 2 minutes the connection
> is
> closed (probably an inactivity timeout at server side).
After this time (and error-message) the client gets the list and loads every
file in the list!
That's strange...

> Try with passive mode.
Passive mode is not possible, my client is a (Hardware-)Lighting-console.
The only options to configure in console are: IP, user, pw and a directory

> Can you reproduce this behaviour using another FTP client software using
> the
> same conditions ?
No, only this combination. If  I try other client (eg Filezilla) it works
and if i try other
server (G6 FTP Server) with the console it works, too!  :-(

best regards
Patrick Schmidt