PIETTE[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Sent    : 4/19/2007 2:46:48 PM
>To      : twsocket@elists.org
>Cc      :
>Subject : RE: Re: [twsocket] httpcli v6 "bad request"
>
 >>> Agreed, so we need a FAST routine. URLEncode
currently
>> isn't smart enough to encode a complete URL, and it is
>> slow (result := result + ..)
>
> Next question is how smart should such a routine act?
> Should it check for a valid URL in general or shall it
> just check for valid encoding?
> Should it auto-complete incomplete as well as
auto-correct
> invalid URLs like IE? When you start thinking about
this stuff
> the routine in mind becomes slower and slower :(

> Making URLEncode faster is probably enough for
> the component. Checking valid
> URL and autocomplete is another thing.

I don't know if this is what Arno had in mind with
the validation, but as I mentioned before, there is
one more catch:  what if the application encoded the
URL to begin with?  Then all percent symbols will be
re-encoded and the URL mangled.  For this reason you
either need to unencode-reencode (slow!), or check
for encoding and only encode if necessary.

    -dZ.