Hello,

I have two TCP connections via separate but similar made classes which
both have the nearly identical keep alive machanism implemented. A timer
is constantly checking wether data was received or not and if not the
socket the client has been bound to in the OnSessionAvailable will be
FreeAndNiled if the loss of the connection was detected. There can only
be one single connection so in the OnSessionAvailable it is checked
wether the socket is already Assigned or not and only if he's not yet
assigned the connection is accepted otherwise it is refused.

This works fine in the failure case where a cable is unplugged for one
of both connections but not for the other. For the other it only works
if I put a ShowMessage in the OnTimer event which checks if the
connection has been lost and then frees the socket.

What can be wrong? I don't think the app. is so busy that no WIndows
messages get processed, since the diagnostic GUI is displaying data and
is responding quite well.

Greetings

Markus