Hello David,

> On a certain XML packet/event I'm getting duplicates (x3).  It may
> well be that they are sending the same packet multiple times but I
> wondered if it's anything I am doing that could cause this?

Something that can cause this (and other strange behaviour) is if you
call direct or indirect the message pump in the OnDataAvailable (or any
other) event.

Note that showing a modal form or a menu and so is also pumping
messages.

Also to be sure, you can download SocketSpy (on user made page) and
'hang' it between your server and client. Then you can see exact what is
sent. If it appears there also 3 times then the server is really sending
it 3 times.

---
Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]
http://www.mestdagh.biz