Wilfried,

I did a quick code audit yesterday, and found that Release is called in
both SessionClosed and Disconnect.  I am still fairly new to Winsock
communications and ICS, but it seems as though this might be an issue
with proper shutdown and destruction of the socket.  The rapid open /
close may not be a root cause.

What is a good resource for navigating the various methods and when they
should be called?  I noticed Destroy calls Close which calls
InternalClose which calls Exit and Shutdown.  When I say "calls" I
understand some of these are message-based and therefore delayed.  I
noticed that Destroy also calls DeallocateSocketHwnd.  My understanding
of Release is that it posts a message which ultimately results in
Destroy.

Does it seem reasonable that the Release call in Disconnect should be
changed to a Close or CloseDelayed, and the Release in SessionClosed
remain?

I will do some additional testing and further educating myself, but any
input and guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,

~Mitch