On Nov 11, 2007, at 08:45, Fastream Technologies wrote:

> Sometimes I see URLs in CGI standard such as,
>
> <
> http://www.opengl.allanpetersen.com/index.php/contents/Main/
> Programming/OpenGL.html<mhtml:{88AFDC91-01B8-46C2-9E83-
> EBF20EF23330}mid://00000030/!x-usc:http://
> www.opengl.allanpetersen.com/index.php/contents/Main/Programming/
> OpenGL.html>
>>
> That has no "?" for parameters and instead params are listed after
> index.php.
> How should we parse the file name out of it?

That's how many web development frameworks do it.  Its called "URL
re-writing", and it is done at the web server level.  Instead of
extracting key/value pairs from the query string, the server hands off
the URL to a custom module (sometimes even exposed to the application)
to convert it into a meaningful format, usually back into a
query-string with key/value pairs.

In my experience, the URL is not parsed by the web server, just
converted back to a query-string so that the standard mechanisms can
continue being used.

        dZ.

--
        DZ-Jay [TeamICS]