From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: twsocket@elists.org
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: [twsocket] Newbee writing webcam utility

Hello:
    You can use the HttpCli component, which
implements the HTTP protocol for client applications.
 Check out the HttpDemo that comes with ICS for more
information on how to use it.  Basically, you give it
the location URL, and perform a GET request.  It
should return the requested data, which in your case
is an image file.  However, being binary, it'll most
likely be encoded in base64, so you'll need to decode
it.  I don't recall if HttpCli does this by itself (I
don't think so), but it shouldn't be a problem, as
you can use the MimeUtils unit that comes with ICS
(in the VC32 directory), which has excellent routines
for this.

    Once you decode it, you can store it in a file
(or decode to a TFileStream) and then transfer it via
FTP using the FtpCli component.

    -dZ.

--
DZ-Jay - [TeamICS]

Just downloaded and installed ICS in Borland C++
Builder 5, looks like it is going to be just the
ticket for a little project I am getting ready to
work on. Postcard will be forthcoming as soon as I
can get into town and pick one up.

This little project is going to be for my model
airplane clubs webcam. We have a D-Link DSC-900
ordered and I have already created the web html page.
What I now need to do is create is the server side
app that will grab an image from the web cam and FTP
it to the internet site. I think I can figure out the
FTP stuff thanks to the great sample app that came
with ICS, what I am not sure how to do grab the image
from the camera?

My understanding is the D-Link DSC-900's current
image can be accessed from my local network by simply
entering the URL into IE. Something like
http://192.168.0.20/IMAGE.jpg  I am going to need to
grab this image every minute or so, rename it and FTP
it up to the web site. What I need to know to get
started is which ICS component will I need to use to
grab the image so I can save it to the hard drive?

Any tips would be appreciated, once I have the image
on the drive I am fairly confident I can work out the
balance of the stuff the app will need to do. The web
page I created is here
http://www.tulsacl.com/Webcam.html  Feel free to
steal the HTM code if you need a webcam page as I
borrowed most of it myself from stuff I found on the
net and in news groups.