Hi DAve,
Does the site use an HTTP login (ie via a dialog from your browser) or
via a form (you enter information into a webpage). If it's the
latter, then
a) you'll need to submit the password information
correctly and
b) it's likely the site is using cookies to track the user
session.

Mike

--
http://smallphry.com - The diary of my layout build.
Southern English, 1980s, N gauge with DCC control.