> I guess either sockets are not closed
> properly or someone tried a DoS.

The application had about 30 open sockets, most had been open for a few
days, there are no clients connecting and disconnecting, just traffic
moving around.   And the PC is on my LAN, behind a Sonicwall, so unlikely
to be DoS.  There are no wait sockets listed this morning.

I suspect the reason for the crash was a rare massive memory leak in
Windows that's never been fixed.  The memory logging I showed in an email
yesterday was added to an application running on 500 remote PCs,
where memory was just disappearing, mostly virtual memory, so they get
rebooted when it drops too low, maybe three or four PCs each month.

Angus