Hello,

Try  my  little  TinyResMeter ( http://www.pesoft.com/trm ) and select
the "Windows" and "Handles" fields, then you'll see if you reach a big
number  you  must  subscribe  to  get  improved 0.97 version but 0.96a
should be enought just to view thoses values.

regards.

rgn> there may be also another problem: afaik windows xp 32bit has only 64K
rgn> handle numbers for windows available. this problem also occurs if you have
rgn> lot of apps open, ie. 2 browsers with a lot of tabs, and the "the bat"
rgn> email client which uses a lot of handles, also some instances of
rgn> winrar and explorer.
rgn> if that condition occurs you cannot open a new window even if you have
rgn> plenty of ram available, it may be that you open an explorer window
rgn> and a part is completely gray.
rgn> you can use taskmanager to see the number of handles a process uses
rgn> (in the view menu).

FT>> Hello,

FT>> What about increasing WH_MSG_MAX to 1000 from 100? Isn't this suppose to
FT>> reduce this problem by creating less number of hidden windows? I know that
FT>> it would be slower for the for loop to find the message but there seems to
FT>> be no other way to support 10k users, wrong?

FT>> Thanks,

FT>> SZ

>>> Basically, it shows error #8 when creating a window.

>>> According to MSDN, error #8 is "not enough memory".

>>> Add more RAM.
>>>

>>> Contribute to the SSL Effort. Visit
>>> http://www.overbyte.be/eng/ssl.html
>>> --
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> The author of the freeware multi-tier middleware MidWare
>>> The author of the freeware Internet Component Suite (ICS)
>>> http://www.overbyte.be

rgn> --
rgn> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
rgn> [EMAIL PROTECTED]