From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of David Colliver
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 2:00 PM
To: ICS support mailing
Subject: Re: [twsocket] aspx page ICS Auto Fill, Post, and Read Answer

When you POST a page, the values do not appear on the address bar. The
method to put them on the address bar is GET.

Francois is correct about submitting a page, however, .NET web pages
(.aspx) present other issues...

Each .NET web page has something called a viewstate (and also may be
loaded with a cookie). When submitting a .NET page, you should send the
viewstate back as well, failing to do so could cause undesirable
effects. The viewstate contains information about the page and various
values that have been set server side (such as DB content and other data
the programmer decided to store there).

Another issue is that the form fields are specially named, especially if
the form fields are built into a user control.

The way to do it would be to first collect the opening page (the one
with the form you want to submit), pick its fieldnames and values, then
submit it. Note that .NET (at least with .NET 1.1, not sure about 2.0
++) the form ALWAYS posts to itself.

The problems are not difficult to overcome. I don't have any examples.

It would be easier for you IF the site you want to post data to has a
webservice.

Hope this is of some assistance.

Best regards,
Dave Colliver.