On Apr 9, 2008, at 03:45, Bjørnar Nielsen wrote:

> The comment about the registry was there before I made any changes. My
> only change was to add 'text/xml' as content-type for extension 'xml'.
> For now my only need is this extra content-type, not another way of
> managing the list of content-types.
>
> When using Flash, if you have the need to do cross-domain-scripting,
> you have to have a file called crossdomain.xml on the root, defining
> the rules for crossdomain-scripting. And the content-type has to be
> text/xml when downloaded to flash from a server in order to work.

I understand, but perhaps ICS could benefit from having automatic
MIME-Type detection/handling, not only for the HTTP components, but for
the SMTP as well.  Currently, you have to set the MIME-Type manually on
the SMTPCli component; and any attachments are automatically set to
"application/octet-stream", regardless of whether they are plain text
files or binaries.

So, if there is a plan to add such functionality to the ICS components,
it is my opinion that using the Registry is the wrong thing to do.
Indy does this, and then you depend on the host computer having the
proper types registered.

        dZ.

--
        DZ-Jay [TeamICS]