> I wish to modify the parent component TnEmulVT in a manner that
> Francois indicates below in order to create a permanent record for
> each session.

TEmulVT already has a log file, you enable it with the Log property.

Unfortunately, in current ICS versions the file name is fixed as
'EMULVT.LOG' and is overwritten for each session, and will not work if
there is more than one component in use at the same time.

So the latest V6 version OverbyteIcsEmulVT has a new property LogFileName
that allows a specific file name to be specified.
It's not published yet, but you'll find it in the zip:

http://www.magsys.co.uk/download/software/ics-ftp-2008-03-03.zip

Angus