On Apr 20, 2008, at 12:05, Wilfried Mestdagh wrote:

> Hello DZ-Jay,
>
>> Plus, the RFC requires transport servers in transit to include all "X"
>> headers untouched.
>
> So this also means if I add a X-Loop header that another server leave
> it
> untouched and add also his own X-Loop header (so there could be more of
> them)?

I'm guessing that an intermediate server in the middle of the message's
transit will not add an "X-Loop" header, since it is not initiating the
transmission (and therefore there is no chance for it to receive a
loop).

I guess you can always check for multiple instances of the header and
avoid delivering to any addresses in any of them (after all, any server
who adds an X-Loop header is trying to make sure not to have the
message re-delivered to that address).  Or, to be sure, you could use
your own header, "X-GSM-Loop" or something.

Here's more information on the X-Loop header:
http://www.tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klyne-hdrreg-mail-01

(Look for section 2.2.38)

        dZ.

--