Wilfried Mestdagh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> To find out which is the smtp server I have to send mail to for a
> particular domain I can use the MXPreference[n] property of DnsQuery
> component. But in what case there can be multiple results ? (I tryed a
> few and get only 1 result 'answer#1 in demo program').

RFC specifies that entries can have multiple MX records with a
preference number.  The lower the value, the higher the preference.
This is mostly used by large ISPs that have multiple hosts processing
mail, for fault tolerance or load balancing.  For example, AOL and
Earthlink have about 5 mail servers each, all with their own MX record.

        dZ.