Hello,
After doing more research, I determined that the Vista IS the culprit.  I am
already working with a slow server connection and the Microsoft Vista TCP
autotuning made the connection even slower, slow enough to TIMEOUT.  I
wasn't experiencing a TIMEOUT with XP.  After I disabled autotuning, chimney,
and rss my application worked on Vista just as it worked on XP.
(netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled
netsh interface tcp set global chimney=disabled
netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled)

I do have a new question:  I could not determine if HttpCli component has a
TIMEOUT property.  My current TIMEOUT implementation is as follows:

bHttpCliBusy := True;  // This variable get set to False in HttpCli1
OnRequestDone
HttpCli1.GetAsync;

// Procedure that waits for either 30 seconds to elapse or bHttpCliBusy=False
Client1BusyTimeout(30);

Is there a different way to implement a Timeout with the HttpCli1.

Thank you.