Hmmm...

I still don't see what the problem was this is trying to get round.   I
run two FTP servers at different sites, and have never had any
router/firewall problems as they both tell the client to use Passive
mode, so the client only ever makes outgoing connections, and by
default, any router/firewall that will allow an outgoing connect, will
pass any replies back, for any number of opened data channels.

It's usualy the server end that needs holes poked in the firewall, and
or port forwarding setup on the router.

After all, Passive mode was specificaly developed to make the client
side much easier so users and customers etc, don't have to mess with
their security settings.

I also keep well away from using port 21 for anything exposed to the
www.  It must be one of the most highly probed ports on the net, after
the usual windows offerings and port 80.

Oh well..

Dave B.