jlist wrote:
> What I want to do is to avoid providing the two .pem files as
> separate files. Instead, I'd like to read the content of the two
> files and hard-code them in a string variable, or in resource.

Private Key and certificate may exist in the same file.
It's not a method in TX509Base, however you can derive your
own class and add this functionality. Something like below
should do the trick:

Buf : PAnsiChar; // contains the certificate and key.
Bio : PBio;
X   : TX509Base;

Bio     := f_BIO_new_mem_buf(Buf, BufLen);
X.X509  := f_PEM_read_bio_X509(Bio, nil, nil,
                         PAnsiChar('password'));
f_BIO_Free(BIO);
if X.X509 = nil then
   RaiseLastOpenSslError(Exception);