Fastream Technologies wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Arno Garrels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Fastream Technologies wrote:
>>> Hello Arno,
>>>
>>> If the function is ready, I would like to test it in our special
>>> unit for HTML folder listings. Can you post it here or send
>>> privately?
>>
>> Yes, I checked it in already. Install the TortoiseSVN client to get
>> access to the ICS SVN repository.
>>
>> In Icsv6 URL encoding/decoding do not use UTF-8. The file names in
>> directory listings are now _displayed_ correctly, but their links
>> have not changed, they still are ANSI. I can easily change URL coding
>> in v6 to UTF-8 as well, however I wonder whether that would break
>> existing applications?
>
> Would it not work in BCB2007?

ICSv7 should work with CB2007 as ICSv6 before (or even better),
So you could test the UTF-8 URL stuff in Icsv7.

> Or is it just applications need to be
> changed?

IMO possible, though the server checks for valid UTF-8 URLs
and decodes them as ANSI if a check failed. The server sends
however always UTF-8 URLs (same as IIS always sends UTF-8 URLs
regardless whether a client accepts UTF-8 or not).

> In my view, since the client for parsing the html is 99%
> IE/FF/Opera/Safari/Chrome which support UTF-8, there should be no
> problem.

With those clients there won't be IMO a problem, as long as the
listed file names use only characters from the local default
ANSI code page. If the server shall also list any possible Unicode
file name you need CB2009 and ICSv7.