Francois PIETTE wrote:
>> Would it be bad design if I add an async method "CalcMsgSize" to
>> TSmtpCli
>
> Good idea.
> Could also be implemented as a simple event. If the event is
> assigned, the computation is done and then event handler is called
> with the computation result as argument.

Background of the MessageSize property is that it can be also set by
the component user if he sends, for example, precomposed messages thru the
OnGetData event. CalcMsgSize may take a while depending on multiple
conditions, even though Base64 file attachment grow is just calculated.
Beside the progress bar capability I want to add support for the extented
MailFrom command which sends the expected message size as the second
argument (rfc1870)

--
Arno