Hi Francois,

I looked at the example TcpServ1 and it seems pretty straight forward. I
used that as my model. I do understand that the OnDataAvailable event is the
one from the instantiated client socket, which is assigned in the
OnClientConnect event of the server socket. But I can not understand why
that event does not trigger when my remote client sends a string. I tried
adjusting the end of line chars, but nothing seems to work. My client
connects, I get the OnClientConnect event. After that I expect to see a
string come in from the remote client and the OnDataAvailable event (of the
client) to trigger.

I have my application written in much the same way using Indy components,
and it works. This proves to me that the client is  sending out strings as I
expect. But I have other issues with Indy that I want to get away from.

Thanks,

Alex

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Francois Piette <francois.pie...@skynet.be
> wrote:

> > I am using TWSocketServer to listen and connect to Rabbit Controllers
> > (clients). I can establish a connection but I do not receive the
> subsequent
> > strings, nor can I send any strings. The OnSendData event does not even
> > trigger when I use the SendStr method of the server instantiated client.
> Any
> > ideas?
>
> A frequent error is to think about the server socket which is litening.
> Connections events such as OnDataAvailable are triggered on behalf of the
> socket instanciated by TWSocketServer for a given client (one for each
> client).
>
> Have a look at the various server demos availables in ICS (More demos are
> in
> V5 and reusable with mostly no change in V6 and V7).
> --
> francois.pie...@overbyte.be
> Author of ICS (Internet Component Suite, freeware)
> Author of MidWare (Multi-tier framework, freeware)
> http://www.overbyte.be

Alex Greenspan
Digital Matrix Corporation
92 Madison Ave.