Ok, this is exactly what I did per your advice:

procedure TForm1.HttpCli1MainLocationChange(Sender: TObject);
var
HttpCli: THttpCli;
begin
HttpCli := Sender as THttpCli;
HttpCli.RcvdStream.Destroy;
HttpCli.RcvdStream := TMemoryStream.Create;
end;

Same problem still. Google.com still results in an invalid image
(logo.gif).