Arno,

Instead of making a demo, I have a question and an idea: Please
examine the code below and read the comments:

procedure THttpCli.GetHeaderLineNext;

            if {(FResponseVer = '1.0') or (FRequestVer = '1.0') or}
                { [rawbite 31.08.2004 Connection controll] }
                FCloseReq then begin
                if FLocationFlag then          { Added 16/02/2004 }
                    StartRelocation            { Added 16/02/2004 }
                else begin                     { Added 16/02/2004 }
                    if FRequestType = httpHEAD then begin { Added 23/07/04 }
                        { With HEAD command, we don't expect a document }
                        { but some server send one !                    }
                        FReceiveLen := 0;      { Cancel received data   }
                        StateChange(httpWaitingBody);
                        FNext := nil;
                    end;
                    FCtrlSocket.CloseDelayed;  { Added 10/01/2004 THIS
WORKS PERFECTLY BUT..}
                end;
            end
            else if FRequestType = httpHEAD then begin            //AG 05/27/08
                { With HEAD command, we don't expect a document } //AG 05/27/08
                { but some server send one !                    } //AG 05/27/08
                FReceiveLen := 0;      { Cancel received data   } //AG 05/27/08
                StateChange(httpWaitingBody);                     //AG 05/27/08
                FNext := nil;                                     //AG 05/27/08
                SetReady;                                         //AG
05/27/08 WHY IS THIS? INSTEAD I PROPOSE:
                FCtrlSocket.CloseDelayed;  { Added 05/17/2009 Fastream
/ Subzero }
            end                                                   //AG 05/27/08

This solves my problem. If it is ok for you as well, please apply this
fix to the component.

Best Regards,

SZ