> I recently noticed that unless you assign the same "defines" in both
> ICS package and the demos (provided that you modified one of them), it
> gives AV in places like
>
> Connect;
>
> in for example HttpsTst demo under BCB2007 and all previous versions.

IMO this is not the case. At least not as you describe.
You must pay attention about how the compiler work when conditional
compilation is done.
What happend is that you compile the package with a given symbol defined.
You get the package but also a lot of dcu files.
Then you compile your application with another define. The linker will link
the dcu you created when building your package with dcu you created when
compiling your application. Those dcu are not compatible since they use
different defines.

To solve that, you must recompile ALL your application after having
recompiled the package, or you must be sure to have output folders for dcu
files different for the package and the application. I always use first
method.

This is not a bug nowhere. It is just knowledge on how the
compiler/linker/ide is working.

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be