To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: [twsocket] 10K Connections

I have a project for video streaming where the server must handle
about 10k simultaneous TCP connection (Sending live video feed
to the connections). What is the limit of connections that Windows
can handle safetly?

This has been frequently asked. You should search the mailing list archive to see the discussions we had. In short: You defenitely need ICS-V7. You need a Windows SERVER operating system. You need 4GB of memory (that is to have the maximum non paged memory pool). You have to very carefully design your application because Windows can run out of resources, specifically handles.

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be