I'll probably need new glasses, but where can I find the MiscDemos folder ?

Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arno Garrels" <arno.garr...@gmx.de>
To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 9:30 PM
Subject: [twsocket] 10K timers demo and a new timer class (ICS V7)

Hi all,

I uploaded a new timer class and a demo to the repository this week.
My idea is to use TIcsThreadTimer for bandwidth control at the root.
Francois and myself already tested it and it seems stable, however
I appreciated if more testers confirmed it's bug free and solid
enough to be implemented as the default timer for bandwidth control
in the base socket component. The demo includes a loop option, which
can be used to let it run over night preferable in the IDE under the debugger.

             use windows API timers but sends custom timer messages to an
             already existing ICS-window from one or more threads.
             It uses resources (handles) very sparingly so 10K timers
             are virtually possible, see OverbyteIcsThreadTimerDemo.

The demo is in MiscDemos folder.

http://wiki.overbyte.be/wiki/index.php/FAQ#How_to_get_ICS

Please post your test results and thoughts to this list, thank's a lot!

--
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]