> I am looking to create a TCP client/server application and I have
> been told ICS is the easiest to use
> I cannot find any TCP client example, but the TCP Server example I
> have been looking at confuses me a bit as to how it works.
> Client has sent username and password....
> Server checks username and password.... and sends their index to
> them if uccessfull....

You can look at the FTP server and client, which is effectively what you
are trying to implement, but with private commands.  The FTP protocol
allows extra private commands to be implemented, which you might find
easier than starting from scratch.

Or look at the Magenta Systems IP Log Streaming Component, which is
effectively a high level TCP client/server component that can be
configured as a client or a server, and allows data to be sent between
them.  It's free code with an EXE demo that acts as a client or server or
both at the same time.  It will save you a lot of development for a
custom server.

http://www.magsys.co.uk/delphi/magics.asp

Angus