Peter Van Hove wrote:

> And ASCII is nicely skipped when not available.
> I had NO idea that ASCII in fact could be disabled in the regional
> settings or that a default installation would not enable it.
> For safety I obviously do the same to all the other code pages as well

Thanks for the info.
But why do you need the ASCII and UTF-7 encoding at all?
Provided the text contained non-ASCII chars they would be replaced by
the default fail char "?", why not just save with default ANSI encoding,
the first 128 chars are always the same, in any codepage.
Also I've never seen a UTF-7 encoded text file so far, UTF-7 is
usually only used with 7-bit internet protocols such as email or
news.

--
Arno Garrels