Hi guys,

when I run two applications, each using ICS V7 winsockets for TCP, on the same machine and connecting to the same device (a telephone exchange), after a couple of hours one of them sends an RST telegram. After that, under program control the connection is restored.

Both applications are known to work fine for months on end when on separate computers, but one seems to irritate the other when they have to share the same interface, albeit on different ports.

Network traffic is minimal (these systems are for emergency purposes only), but after 8..24 hours, when one of the sockets has sent a telegram, the other issues an RST (even though at that time it nothing to send of its own). The customer is not really happy, since each of these RST and consecutive SYN are recorded as line breakdown.

Any idea?

Chris Rutkowski

MBX Kommunikation
August-Laemmle-Weg 11
D-70374 Stuttgart
Tel +49 711 7199 325
Fax +49 711 7199 324
skype: chrisr_rutkowski

www.microbx.de
www.microbx.com

PS: our offices will be closed from Feb.13. to March 1. - please do not schedule any difficult installations for that period! Unser Büro wird vom 13.2.-1.3. geschlossen sein - bitte planen Sie keine schwierigen Installationen für diese Zeit! ;-)