Have you tried calling GetLastError or WSAGetLastError ?

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anton Sviridov" <an...@rambler.ru>
To: <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 2:20 PM
Subject: [twsocket] FTPCli error handling

Hello all,
it's me again and again with a question about FTPCli.
Current manner of reporting local errors is to set code 550 with an explaining message and call TriggerRequestDone. But I find it very confusing: for example, when trying to GET some file or directory listing we could receive "true FTP response" 550 if the requested file doesn't exist (so we should give up) as well as "ICS response" if connection couldn't be established (so we should retry) or there was error creating local file stream (so we should check HDD free space). And there's no way to distinguish these cases (except checking FLastResponse string, but I consider it rather unconvenient). So I think something is needed to be done to differentiate local problems of remote ones. I'd prefer changing 550 code to some another value unused by FTP servers (maybe even over 600 to avoid intersections for sure) but the ICS policy is NOT BREAK existing code, so maybe some flag like FLocalErrorHappened: Boolean will solve the problem? If you reject the idea please explain me how to deal with this response mess.

--
Anton