Markus Humm wrote:
> > My application now has to tell the communication part (means the
> > server side of the TWSocket connection) to shut down. it sends him a
> > binary shutdown command and after a short time the client does a
> > shutdown(1) on the socket.
>
> There's most likely something wrong in your application logic.
> When the server receives your custom shutdown command it should stop
> listening first, send an OK-response back to the requesting client and
> disconnect all client connections.
>
> On the client-side after sending your custom shutdown command,
> receive the OK response and subsequently either Close the connection
> actively or wait for the server to close the connection. However with
> "wait" I do of course _not_ mean "wait in some loop", OnSessionClosed
> fire on connection close.

That might be a option, but I'm not yet fully convinced. How long may it
take to send a short message to localhost and receive it on the other side?

I mean if a message loop of 3 sec. doesn't give him enough time why
should the change of logic be better?

Another related question: are there two logical channels in the
background of TCP, one for sending the actual data and one for
signalling the close? Otherwise I cannot explain myself why the data
doesn't arrive but the close does.

Greetings

Markus