Ran the Telnet client example  - I get double character spacing ... ??
I have a linux PC, need to Telnet into it and issue linux commands, so I guess Telnet session is the one I want.

error:-

Project OverbyteIcsClient7.exe raised exception class EAccessViolation with message 'Access violation at address 004090F7 in module 'OverbyteIcsClient7.exe'. Read of address 000000D'. Process stopped. Use Step or Run to continue.

Francois PIETTE wrote:
Ran OverbyteIcsClient7, put in the ip address of a telnet server on my
LAN, program crashed - error in OverbyteIcsWSocket
the line with the error is:- FOnDataAvailable(Self, Error);
inside function TCustomWSocket.TriggerDataAvailable

any ideas please (total newbie to TCP)

We need the exact error message or exception.

btw: telnet and TCP are not exactly the same. If you want to test telnet, try with OverbyteIcsTelnetClient.dproj