zayin wrote:
> Hi Arno,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
>> Have a look at the OverbyteIcsWebServ demo it provides Basic, Digest
>> and NTLM examples and one for all three authentication types.
>
> It produces the same result with Safari. The source file is "Mar 04,
> 2006 V1.5".

You use a very old ICS version. Please update to latest ICSv7, available
here: http://wiki.overbyte.be/wiki/index.php/ICS_Download

> In the example, if the client URL is configured correctly the auth
> will be set to the data contained in the URL. If the URL is '/' which
> is the case when the user is browsing to an IP address, the auth
> configured on the THttpServer component is used. And that is the rub.
> I need to leave the property as basic auth but Safari only accepts
> digest.
>
> So, it appears I need have users of Safari use a special URL so I can
> change the auth to digest.
>
> Sound right?

Don't think so, the server sends the supported auth.-types with the
407-response to the client (as header lines one for each supported
auth.-type). The client picks the one it likes, that works very well
with current demo.

--
Arno Garrels