Arno Garrels wrote:
> Francois PIETTE wrote:
>>> Maybe when you use the debugger then the application run
>>> undeer a different user?
>>
>> I start the service which starts sending his UDP datagrams (This is a
>> SNMP client) and waiting for UDP response which never comes. Then I
>> attach the debugger to the running service process and suddenly the
>> UDP datagrams are coming in.
>
> Sounds like a Microsoft innovation preventing too many bug reports ;)

Seriously, what happens if you run the console application as a
service with my NT Wrapper http://www.duodata.de/ntwrapper/?
If that works I guess the problem can be found in your service code,
assuming that you neither use the Delphi service framework nor
my DDService (http://www.duodata.de/misc/delphi/DDService.zip).