I have tested your code and it works perfectly from here.
Here is the log using YOUR code and ICS-V7 updated form SVN repository right now:

I have downloaded and installed the last update (http://wiki.overbyte.be/arch/icsv7w.zip) on my Delphi 2010.
And I have exactly the same problem.
TftpClient.put seems to be ignored.

The differences between your test and mine are:
1) I updated my ICS source code from SVN reporistory (I mean using SVN client, not downloading the snapshot). Should not make any difference.
2) I'm using Delphi XE.
3) I made a small application while it looks this is part of a larger application.

Since something wrong from the large application could corrupt code anywhere, I suggest you build a new trivial application with the code and try it alone.

You may also try the demo application FtpTst provided with ICS.

Since what you want to do is so basic, it is extremely improbable that you found a bug in ICS. There must be something special on your computer. Maybe a path problem where you use an old ICS version ? Maybe some dcu floating around ? Also maybe there is a bug in Delphi 2010. Have you installed all updates ?

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be