Hi,

Some additional information after hooking up wireshark.

I have attached a csv of the capture.

What it shows me is that I get the 150 from the server, I then send an ACK, but I don't send the FTP-DATA.

Then of course, I don't see the request done event, because I have not sent the data.

For the ACK to go out after the 150 response I am assuming that the ftp client has seen the response, and sent the ack. Or am I mistaken? Is this a lower level interaction? (in winsock somewhere)

Why would I not send the data - is my question really?

I don't have any Application.ProcessMessages loops in my application - apart from a start up splash screen, and an application shut down loop waiting for a thread to close down. Neither are active when my ftp stalls.

The thread I create has nothing (intentionally) to do with the ftp client. It monitors a usb serial port, downloads serial data and creates files on the file system. This thread is not downloading serial data and creating files, as there is no device connected.

I do now detect the stall with a timer, but don't currently restart - just display a message so that the user can retry.

I am logging all RequestDone events, and nothing is reported when I stall. I have attached the csv that shows the last good transfer, then the stall. If an alternative format is preferred, just ask.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Andy