robertoschler wrote:

> I know the socket is closed because the TWSocket OnSessionClosed()
> event fires.  There are no proxies because the external device is on
> the Intranet (same router and network) as the PC.  It's a local peer
> connection.

Sending the Keep-Alive header line doesn't guarantee a HTTP server
keeps the connection alive. Obviously there's some idle timeout
configured at the server side. May be you can issue some dummy
request in intervalls in order to work around this. However
some HTTP servers prevent this as well by limiting the maximum
number of requests per 'session'.

--
Arno