Hi Angus,

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 10:19 +0100 (BST), you wrote:

> > I'm having a problem with TSslSmtpCli. It won't complete a TLS
> > connection on port 25.
> > This happens regardless of the server.
>
> How many different SMTP servers?

6 or 8 probably--every one I try.

> I use STARTTLS with smtp.gmail.com on port 25 without any problems, try
> it.

I have a gmail account too. Yep, it fails.

> If it fails, it's probably your ISP doing strange things with port 25,
> like redirecting it their own SMTP server that does not support SSL.

Ok, this could be something, but it only started after upgrading to
the v7gold. I guess that could be coincidental. I have my own website
and my own smtp server. I've had that since 2003. Never a problem
like this. When sending without TLS, it uses my server as expected.

The fact is, the banner I receive on connection is the banner of the
server I'm trying to connect with. In the case of gmail, I get this:

Connected to smtp.gmail.com:25
 220 mx.google.com ESMTP ht18sm5248094bkc.16
 250-mx.google.com at your service, [xx.xxx.xx.xx]
 250-SIZE 35882577
 250-8BITMIME
 250-STARTTLS
 250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES