Hello.

I am building some test FireMonkey HD apps in Dephi/RAD Studio XE3 using ICS
that I am hoping will eventually build cross platform to Mac.  There are two
apps, one is a server and the other a client, and they will exchange some
large amounts of data.

When they are running on the same system, which naturally happens during
development and might also occur under certain scenarios on the user's
system, large transfers really bog down the main thread in the client side
app.  This makes the client app VERY unresponsive in that scenario.

So, I am thinking to move the client side TCP interfaces to a background
thread so that it doesn't slow down the UI so badly.  However, being that
this thread is in a FireMonkey HD app, I am unsure how to proceed.  Do all
the threading message pump issues still apply?  Knowing that cross platform
does away with dependence on platform technologies like PostMessage (Windows
only), what should I do regarding this?  Are the Windows platform units
still relevant with an app that will be built for cross platform?

So, just wondering if I still need to provide something in that regard, as
far as a message pump in thread and if so, how does that port to Mac later?
Or, if I just create the component in the Execute method, do the events just
magically fire in FireMonkey apps?

Well, hope my question(s) makes sense?  I searched the platform demos and
didn't see anything that might demonstrate a cross platform approach for
this.  So, sorry if it is there and I just missed it somehow.  J

Thanks much.

Hoby