On Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:24 PM [GMT+1=CET],
Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd schrob:

>> *Subject:* Re: [twsocket] FTP and Memo - LogText?
>>> The server bug is something to do with the thread that is used
>>> for the> directory listing and compressing the result
>
>> I guess that code added after V1.46 to the worker thread is not
>> thread save. Or that calls from the events that trigger in worker
>> thread context are not safe etc..
>
> I suspect the bug is related to listing parameters, I download and
> upload stuff to my public server dozens of times a day, always using
> the XDMLSD command, the bug only seems to happen when listing the
> root directory, but does have some randomness to it, otherwise I've
> have seen it ages ago. It just got pushed back in my job queue
> because no-one else reported it, until today.

There was at least one call to TriggerDisplay that was obviously not
thread-safe that I removed from TClientProcessingThread.Execute.
The workaround would be to not include ftpsThreadRecurDirs in the
TFtpServer.Options.

I checked in this fix for both V7 and V8, it will be available in
the next nightly ZIP download as well.

--
Arno