Hi Guys,

We want to implement something like push notifications to custom applications from our backend server to custom clients. Initially, the idea is that when processing is complete, the system will push a number (or something similar) to connected clients. Then, in response to that, the client may download the results over HTTP. Eventually, we may push the results also over the connection.

I am not sure what we should be implementing for this between two pieces of custom software. I tried to search up, but searching for push notifications only brings up guides to mobile applications programming... any guidance would help.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Mohit.