Hi Francois Thanks for your reply.
The xml parsing routines were tested in a cgi program and work fine. I have just changed your demo webserver app and added my xml parsing routine and it works fine !!! I didnt mention that my project was a service application. Maybe thats where the issues are. I will continue Regards Chris -----Original Message----- From: TWSocket [mailto:twsocket-boun...@lists.elists.org] On Behalf Of François Piette Sent: 28 August 2013 20:51 To: 'ICS support mailing' Subject: Re: [twsocket] Use of ThttpServer and msxml > I am trying to convert a cgi-bin program that uses msxml to be part of > a small webserver program using thttpserver. > I get access violations when I try to parse the xml received in the > post request > I am using DomDocument and msxml (2 I think) I have read about using > coinitilialise but that did not help. > Does anyone have any ideas??? Difficult to say anything since your description is not complete. You should show some code, show the line where the access violation occurs and show the stack trace when the AV occurs. Your code has at least two parts: Using the HTTP server component and using the MSXML component. You should separate the two. At least for debugging your code. Write the XML content to a file and the reload the file to process it using MSXML, probably test your parsing in a standalone executable reading the same file. Also you should use madExcept in your application to have better checks. -- francois.pie...@overbyte.be Embarcadero MVP http://www.overbyte.be http://francois-piette.blogspot.com -- To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list please goto http://lists.elists.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/twsocket Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be -- To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list please goto http://lists.elists.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/twsocket Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be