Hello,

Using the PingThrd1 example I set the timeout and it does not make any
difference when the no response error message arrives.

Received 0 bytes from 10.0.0.9 in 2892 ms

I read this on a help page:

Timout:

Time to wait for response (in milliseconds). Default is 4000, or 4 seconds.

Then why was it 2892 milliseconds? I am confused. ;)

Then I read this:

Time in miliseconds which may elapse between sending and receiving the ICMP
packet.

So, really the timeout is the maximum time to wait and the response could
come much sooner?

Does the timeout to the DNSLookup?

procedure TPingThread.Execute;

var

   Msg: TagMsg;

begin

   FPing := TPing.Create(nil);      // create in thread context

   FPing.OnDnsLookupDone := FPingDnsLookupDone;

   FPing.DnsLookup(Addr);

   FPing.Timeout:=5000;                           <-------------ADDED

What am I doing wrong? Or am I not understanding the timeout purpose?

Thanks,

Mark