Hello,

>Are you getting the same result from every public IP address you test,

> including non-existent addresses, or just one single IP.

I was just testing one internal IP address to a computer that is turned off.

The version of TPing  ' TPing (c) 1997-2010 F. Piette V6.01 ';

After much testing with internal/external, existing/non-existing,
addresses/host names, I have determined the timeout value does not have any
effect on the results of 'nonexistent' connections. Or really any effect at
all.

Maybe I am doing something wrong but just setting the timeout does not alter
any test.

OverbyteIcsIcmp version is 7.01

I see where changing the timeout propagates to the ICMP call.

Angus, thanks for your help.

Mark