I am working on a project that was originally written in D5. And the project
using a free IRC component, SlyIrc by Steve Williams, were it has used TWSocket
v434 for its wsocket needs.  Although SlyIrc was last released for D5 and uses
a version of TWSocket released in Sept. of 2001, it des seem to compile in D7
with out any noticeable problems.  But I am in the process of bringing the
project up to, at least, XE3 so that there can eventually be a 64bit version of
the project.  As such I have gotten my hands on most of the packages/components
used in the project.  Including ICS v8, daily build Sept. 17, 2013.  So I an
looking for any advice/help on getting the IRC component SlyIrc to using the
lastest version of TWSocket.

If I were to attempt to compile the project using the original WSocket.pas
included with SlyIrcl I end up with the following 6 hard errors:
[dcc32.Error] WSOCKET.PAS(1638): E2251 Ambiguous overloaded call to
'GetProcAddress'
[dcc32.Error] WSOCKET.PAS(2354): E2003Undeclared identifier: 'AllocateHWnd'
[dcc32.Error] WSOCKET.PAS(2354): E2035Not Enough actual parameters
[dcc32.Error] WSOCKET.PAS(2361): E2003Undeclared Identifier: 'DeallocateHwnd'
[dcc32.Error] WSOCKET.PAS(3753): E2010 Incompatible types: 'PAnsiChar' and
'array[0..256] of Char'
[dcc32.Error] WSOCKET.PAS(5266): E2251 Ambiguous overloaded call to 'StrLComp'

If I change uses from using WSocket to OverbyteICSWSocket I get 2 hard errors
that exposes a bug (really a typo) in the original code for SlyIrc.

[dcc32.Error] SlyIrc.pas(741): E2003 Undeclared Identifier: 'WSocket'

In the line it is referring to here the author is attempting to make a
connection using a WSocket object. But the only TWSocket object that is defined
in the unit is named FWSocket.  So, once I edit this line to correctly use the
FWSocket I now get the following  hard error:

[dcc32.Error] SlyIrc.pas(741): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'LocalHostName'

The new error is with the same line of code as the previous error, here is that
specific line causing the error:

Send(Format('USER %s %s %s :%s', [FUsername, FWSocket.LocalHostName, FHost,
FRealName]));

Maybe I am doing this update/upgrade wrong, or maybe I am missing something.
But, could anyone give some idea as to were I need to look to take care of this
issue.  You can get the last released code for SlyIrc here:
http://www.torry.net/pages.php?id=217

Thanx in advance for any help you may be able to give.

Michael