Yes, the applications are using the same version of the DLLs.  Very odd
that two separate applications on the same machine attempting to connect to
the same URL, and one receives a response like "this URL doesn't support
SSL".

Any suggestions for additional testing?  Obviously the server does support
SSL, because it works perfectly with the other application.

We've also seen that both applications work as expected when used from
other machines.  It is just this one application on this one machine that
fails.  Are there any socket related tweaks in Windows that are application
specific?

Thanks

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 7:29 AM, Arno Garrels <arno.garr...@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Saturday, September 28, 2013 2:24 PM [GMT+1=CET],
> Arno Garrels wrote:
>
> > On Friday, September 27, 2013 11:05 PM [GMT+1=CET],
> > Jon Robertson wrote:
> >
> >> We have ICS SSL components in a DLL that we call from multiple
> >> applications.  From each application, we're connecting to the exact
> >> same URL via HTTP Post.  On one specific machine, one application
> >> consistently works while the other specifically fails.
> >
> > The log you posted is typical for trying to establish a SSL
> > connection to a server not supporting SSL and it does not send
> > any data to the client but just closes the TCP/IP connection.
>
> Also, did you make sure that all your applications link the same
> version of OpenSSL DLLs?
>
> --
> Arno

Jon Robertson
Embarcadero Certified Delphi Master Developer
Good programming is 40% experience, 30% skill, 20% RTFM, 10% caffeine, and
5% attention to detail.