Agnus: <<
I always like to log the SSL version and DLL file name when an application
starts, to avoid surprises.

Arno: <<
One can never be sure. For instance, I have SpeedFan running from AutoStart
on my old XP box which loads the OpenSSL DLLs found in System32 directory.
My ICS app. with OpenSSL DLLs located in application's directory then loads
the already loaded OpenSSL DLLs.

We have already verified 1) the only DLLs on this server matching the
filenames of the OpenSSL DLLs are the ones in our application's folder and
2) that the path of the DLL loaded by ICS was the same for both
applications.

Oddly enough, the application that has not been working for weeks has
suddenly started working.  None of the files in our application's folder
have changed.  We're now reviewing configuration settings in our software
and the operating system to determine if anything else has changed.

Thanks for your feedback.

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Arno Garrels <arno.garr...@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 01, 2013 4:00 PM [GMT+1=CET],
> Jon Robertson wrote:
>
> > Yes, the applications are using the same version of the DLLs.  Very
> > odd that two separate applications on the same machine attempting to
> > connect to the same URL, and one receives a response like "this URL
> > doesn't support SSL".
>
> One can never be sure. For instance, I have SpeedFan running from
> AutoStart on my old XP box which loads the OpenSSL DLLs found in
> System32 directory. My ICS app. with OpenSSL DLLs located in
> application's directory then loads the already loaded OpenSSL DLLs.

> "If a DLL with the same module name is already loaded in memory, the
> system checks only for redirection and a manifest before resolving to the
> loaded DLL, no matter which directory it is in. The system does not search
> for the DLL."
>
> --
> Arno

Jon Robertson
Embarcadero Certified Delphi Master Developer
Good programming is 40% experience, 30% skill, 20% RTFM, 10% caffeine, and
5% attention to detail.