From: TWSocket [mailto:twsocket-boun...@lists.elists.org] On Behalf Of Angus
Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd
Sent: 08 October 2013 10:04
To: twsocket@lists.elists.org
Subject: Re: [twsocket] Delphi TServerSocket vs ICS equivalent

> What I am wondering is would I be better off using one of the ICS
> socket components for this. Maybe TWSocket or TWSocketServer.

The latter.

> If so, what is the best demo to show how these components are used

OverbyteIcsTcpSrv.dpr is the main socket server demo, which works with
OverbyteIcsCliDemo.dpr.

You can also look at several ICS high level servers that use Socket Server,
SMTP Server, FTP Server and HTTP Server.

For speed, you can use my IP Log Streaming Component which will allow you to
make a working server (or client) in a couple of minutes without being too
concerned about all the component events.

http://www.magsys.co.uk/delphi/magics.asp